Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Very Merry 30th Unbirthday Party

I just wanted to share the setup & decorations from my "Very Merry 30th Unbirthday Party" that took place in March of this year. I was originally going to celebrate my 30th birthday at Love Joy's Tea Room but there was an extra fee if you stay longer than the allotted time slot. I decided to transform our downstairs/garage area into an Alice in Wonderland themed Mad Hatter Tea Party. With the help of my future mother in law, & my vision, we achieved it!

This was the staircase leading to the downstairs area. I had a sign saying, "Down the Rabbit Hole!"


This was the entrance to the main tea room area. We made sure the decorations gave that feel of being at the crazy tea party. I also posted quotes from the movie & placed them in random areas.


This was the refreshments area.

We ordered a forest scenery online & just stuck random things on there like the "UP," "Down," "This Way," "Wrong Way," signs, a backwards clock, flowers, etc. You can't see him but we placed the Cheshire Cat above the brown post.


Here's a little overview of the main tea room area. Hanging paper lanterns were a must!

The colorful curtains are actually a mixture of cheap curtains & cheap table cloths.

We used real China & silverware. The menu consisted of homemade blueberry scones, madeleines, fresh fruit kabobs, palmiers, mini quiche & tea sandwiches of course; cucumber & cream cheese, roast beef & mustard, smoked salmon & cream cheese, ham & cheese, peanut butter & jelly. We had alcohol, mimosas served in pitchers into plastic champagne flutes, iced tea, soda, etc.

If you notice closely we had small bottles of alcohol with signs saying, "Drink Me," tied to them. My party favors were colorful lollipops shaped as tea pots (not pictured).


And lastly, I created a homemade photo booth! We had one for our Christmas party & it was a hit! I made sure I had everyone's email before the party ended so I could email everyone the link to the photo booth pictures.


 

If you have any comments or questions please leave them below! Hope this post inspired your future party planning in some way!

No comments:

Post a Comment